• Guild:FORT
  • Race:Sylvari
  • Class:Guardian

GW2 ID1 : springbrook.5602
Guild Name:  Holding down the [Fort]
Guild Tag: [FORT]
VOIP2: server TS
Best Time to Contact3 :  NA timezone

Note - I know my guild is a ded guild.  Please read post:  http://www.fort-aspe...ge-2#entry93623

=====================

Posted Image Spring

"I need to ask, are you really a girl?" - Delune
"Ive been whacking a cat all night." TK: "LMAO!!!!"

Spring

Spring

High Empress of FA

• Guild Leader
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts
  • GW2 User ID:Springbrook.5602

This is kinda crazy..... I posted this several days ago and no response?    Is this the ultimate leadership room troll?  

Apparently I am not the only one in this boat as Novahh has been waiting longer than I have.  Can someone at least respond and tell me you have seen this?  Maybe at least give me some sort of time frame?   

HELLO???????????

Posted Image Spring

Tangnu

Tangnu

Anti-Hero of FA

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,479 posts
  • GW2 User ID:Aldar.6271
  • Chaba Moonheart
  • Guild:[TLC]
  • Race:Charr

Basically waiting until you can rebuild FORT and it has regular rallies and stuff, a bit like Novahh and OBEY.  Novahh keeps starting up then stopping then starting then stopping and it is really unclear as to what is going on with OBEY so that's why he's a bit in the same situation.

Spring

Spring

High Empress of FA

• Guild Leader
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Fort now has regular rallies - Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday nights.  We have a active core of 5-6 people and we tend to pick up 1 to 2 new members every night.  We have a guild hall, it is growing.

Yes, we are not one of your major big blob guilds- I do not want to be another DIE or BOMB or DCON.  Our members are allowed to rep other guilds even when they rally with us - so you may never see a huge presence of us on the map.  But as far as size or activity, we are as active or more than others in the war room.  We are no longer ded.  Please let us in.

Posted Image Spring

Tangnu

Tangnu

Anti-Hero of FA

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,479 posts
  • Chaba Moonheart

Get your schedule up on the raid calendar and see how it is doing in the next two weeks.  From restart to a whole month should be enough for evaluation.  This doesn't need to be some drama filled process.

Elcid

Elcid
  • Not on FA
  • 151 posts
  • GW2 User ID:SniffyCube.6107
  • smilingknight
  • Guild:TBT
  • Race:Norn
  • Class:Dragonhunter
Hey spring! Nice to see you out there.

Spring

Spring

High Empress of FA

• Guild Leader
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Get your schedule up on the raid calendar and see how it is doing in the next two weeks.  From restart to a whole month should be enough for evaluation.  This doesn't need to be some drama filled process.

May I suggest that if this is the process you follow with every small guild or guild you are uncertain of that you post this information in the "how to request access" messaege so that there is no confusion, frustration or drama?  If I had recevied some ideas up front and response to the same, this probably would not be a drama filled process as you put it.

Posted Image Spring

Elcid

Elcid
  • Not on FA
  • 151 posts
  • GW2 User ID:SniffyCube.6107
  • smilingknight
  • Guild:TBT
  • Race:Norn
  • Class:Dragonhunter
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=L0MK7qz13bU
  • KabarJaw, Kovu and COLBY like this

Spring

Spring

High Empress of FA

• Guild Leader
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Elcid, may I suggest you follow your own advice?  Unless you are posting to vouch for me or not vouch for me, you probably should not be posting here.

Chaba, I am asking - what is the path from here.  I want to knwo what the steps are from A-Z.

Posted Image Spring

Tangnu

Tangnu

Anti-Hero of FA

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,479 posts
  • Chaba Moonheart

Get your schedule up on the raid calendar and see how it is doing in the next two weeks.  From restart to a whole month should be enough for evaluation.

Spring

Spring

High Empress of FA

• Guild Leader
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

The schedule is already up on the calendar.  I will not be running Christmas eve or new years eve for obvious reasons.  I have also thrown you a guild invite more than once.... with you declining.  If you still want that invite let me know.

And again - I need to know...... PLEASE let me know what the next steps after this.  

Posted Image Spring

NoVaHH

NoVaHH
  • Guild Leader
  • 296 posts
  • GW2 User ID:Novahh.7426
  • I Am Novahh
  • Guild:[OBEY]
  • Class:Ranger

So i must rally in EU more than just on the weekends to be on WZ  :(?!

Nox

Nox

VIP

• FA Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • GW2 User ID:etrigan.4213
  • Nox
  • Guild:[VIP]
  • Race:Asura
  • Class:Warrior

I'm confused when did we change the WZ rules?

Haematic

Haematic

:dankbrien:

• Guild Leader
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,678 posts
  • GW2 User ID:Haematic.4913
  • Haematic
  • Guild:[DIE]
  • Race:Human

VOUCH

Haematic - International Terrorist, Inclina Deus - Ranger

The following future subject(s) of Borlis Pass, Delune, Haematic, and Ms. Spring Sunshine, henceforth decreed to be INTERNATIONAL TERRORISTS and OUTLAWS by command of the all-seeing and glorious Borlis Authorities, have been judged guilty in absentia of committing the crime of Injustica, and are hereby condemned by law to suffer 10,000 years of unrelenting capital punishment, to be carried out by licensed agents of this Law on sight.

i7-3770k OC @ 4.5ghz (1.29v), GTX 980 FTW ACX2.0, (4x)4gb HyperX RAM, EVO850 SSD x2 x500gb, ASRock Z77 Extreme 4, -- 70c @ load (CPU), Air cooling with NH-D14, 35c ambient.

Legends Never [DIE]

Twitch - Haematic: FA Streamer
YouTube - Haematic: WvW / Roaming / PvP Videos

RIP Beaches Get [WET], Vincere Est Totum [VeT][TiN]

[–]QuickRain 1 point

1 month ago

Respected Commanders: Hae from DIE

Tangnu

Tangnu

Anti-Hero of FA

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,479 posts
  • Chaba Moonheart

I'm confused when did we change the WZ rules?

There seems to be some confusion here with regards to how vouching works.  Other guilds don't vouch for you even though others make vouch comments on request posts.

http://www.fort-aspe...request-access/

• "To request access to this forum, please have the YOUR GUILD LEADER VOUCH for you" (sic)
  • "If you are the guild leader, please fill out the request access thread and then wait for a moderator to contact you."
  • "NOTE* Only a Moderator, Verifier, or your own Guild Leader/Officer can vouch for you."

Then there's the part about 25 members: "Guild must have at least 25 members in it to be considered."

Is that what you're asking about?  Past mods/verifiers have vouched for smaller guilds and others at their discretion (for example, SIC) and I've continued that, especially as the average WvW guild roster has shrunk over the life of this game.

• KabarJaw likes this

Spring

Spring

High Empress of FA

• Guild Leader
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Chaba, I think what Haem is saying here is that he supports my guild and my request for access.  Just as he did when TBT asked for access.  It is a great complement and I am honored by it.  

I am kinda surprised that this is the first time you brought up your confusion on other GLs vouching for a guild's request into the warzone.  It has happened quite a few times before this.  Indeed, if you even go back several years from when I was first admitted to the warzone you will see several guild leaders vouching for me then too.  

Tonight I invited 3 more people to my guild.  That puts FORT's roster over 45 people.  Of those 45, 31 have attended at least one or more guild events in the last 2 weeks.  Of those 31, 27 have attended at least 2.  

You yourself just said that as the game gets older the guilds get smaller.  Guilds have changed, but the rules to get in here have not.  Instead, I think you have pulled them tighter.  You have even labeled me as someone who has failed already.  You have even not responded to my request for having the fort guild placed on the front page of the forums alongside the rest of the WvW guilds.  Just like you have not responded to this request until I posted in it a second time asking if you are trolling.  Why do you ignore my requests - am I second class citizen on this forum?  

I call upon the NA guild leaders who have seen me run to vouch for me.  Please

Posted Image Spring

Tangnu

Tangnu

Anti-Hero of FA

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,479 posts
  • Chaba Moonheart

your confusion on other GLs vouching for a guild's request into the warzone.  It has happened quite a few times before this.

FORT's roster over 45 people.

Regarding other GLs vouching:  We don't really consider those vouches as part of the process even though people love to post them.  It is impossible for every GL and officer to know every other GL and officer and waiting for vouches would be an unfair barrier like a popularity contest.

Regarding roster size: I got from this thread that the roster size didn't meet the 25 member threshold because "dead guild rebuilding" and "active core of 5-6".  For small guilds, which I don't like to exclude if they are active in WvW (like our OCX's CC), I try to answer these questions by personal investigation: active?, consistent?, established?.

Now though you are asking for FORT to be considered a large 25+ guild.  Since the "old" FORT's purpose was a militia/pugmander contact list, isn't the roster a bit inflated?  Tonight I saw a small group on your tag on FABL.  You can shoot me an invite - I left FORT months ago to free up a guild slot exactly to do these WZ verifications - so I can check it out.   When invited to a guild, I look to verify rank and get an idea of roster size.  What I'm trying to say though is you don't need to have that large roster if you run regular rallies, stick with it, and show me active, consistent, and established.  You've already shown active and consistent these past two weeks.  I hope that helps to clarify some things.

• Mylerian likes this

Nox

Nox

VIP

• FA Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • GW2 User ID:etrigan.4213
  • Nox
  • Guild:[VIP]
  • Race:Asura

As I stated before in the past those rules probably need to be modified. This game isn't what it used to be ages ago.

Neither Targ or Drigan have a hand in this any more. You do.

Especially in regards to people who had access to the WZ in the past and have been proven life long FA etc etc

edit: 

Its also worth it to note that Spring has done a lot for the community in the past including rallies during odd hours and raising gold.

• Spring likes this

Spring

Spring

High Empress of FA

• Guild Leader
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Chaba - 

1.  I will once again invite you to FORT.

2.  For the third time I am asking: What hoop are you going to require FORT to jump through if we succeed in this whole "two week trial"? 

3.  Why is my thread requesting FORT be placed on the front page of the forums not responded to?  Do I have some sort of invisible tag on my profile that says ignore Spring's and FORT's requests?  

In this whole process, I have had new roadblocks put in place that no guild, small or large has had to fulfill - such as having to put my raid schedule on the FA calendar - a move that most of the war zone has not even done, including your newest member, TBT.  

I will repeat what I said to you in private before.  No one person should run this forum alone.  The only people you have on your staff are yourself and you have a mod that has not actively played the game or participated in the community as a whole in months.  Chaba, you have admitted that you yourself agree that the size of guilds are getting smaller and it is getting less and less common to have a WvW guild of 25+ members.  With that being the case I think it is time the whole entry requirements for the warzone need to be examined and revamped.  And to be fair it needs to be done/approved by more than one person.

In short Chaba, if there was a timely response and a clearly documented path for entering the war zone probably none of this drama would have occured.  I am happy to help you fix this if you want the help.  No guild should have the face the uncertainty that FORT is facing as being accepted as an active WvW guild.  

Posted Image Spring

Spring

Spring

High Empress of FA

• Guild Leader
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Chaba, I have invited Aldar.6271 to FORT.

Posted Image Spring