Nocturnal Lunacy
  • FA Member
  • 288 posts
  • GW2 User ID:fuck off.8563
  • fuck off
  • Guild:fuck
  • Race:Human
  • Class:Necromancer

I created a video on how to use any controller to play any game. In this video I use an Xbox 360 controller with GW2. IF you have Carpal Tunnel Syndrome than this video is for you.

• TyrionDelosBravos likes this

TyrionDelosBravos

TyrionDelosBravos

El Pollo Loco

• Guild Leader
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts
  • GW2 User ID:Tyrion.5764
  • TyryonDelosBravos
  • Guild:[BOMB]
  • Race:Asura
  • Class:Guardian

I remember Argopol, plays Gw2 on a controller and he have problems to turn the camara in 360º. But he has tons of fun..

5137767082.png

Nocturnal Lunacy

Nocturnal Lunacy
  • FA Member
  • 288 posts
  • fuck off

I remember Argopol, plays Gw2 on a controller and he have problems to turn the camara in 360º. But he has tons of fun..

Yeah a controller is a must for peeps with carpal tunnel syndrome like me. It's gets to hurting really bad using mouse and keyboard.

And If he couldn't run 360 degrees then he didn't have the Y Axis set up right. I actually show how to set it up correctly in this video. (After it took me almost 30 minutes to remember lol)

Kovu

Kovu
  • FA Member
  • 375 posts
  • GW2 User ID:Kovu.7560
  • Nailanya Crackshot
  • Guild:[TLC]
  • Race:Charr
  • Class:Ranger

I play more console/controller games than keyboard/mouse games so I'm more used to a controller. I use a 360 controller for Steam games.
If its not entirely crippling in the competitive environment I might look into this. I feel like it might be, though. Using a controller to turn, for example, is probably about as effective as using they keyboard (as opposed to the mouse).

~ Kovu

Hottest ranger, PST.
PendantsBanner.jpg

Nocturnal Lunacy

Nocturnal Lunacy
  • FA Member
  • 288 posts
  • fuck off

I play more console/controller games than keyboard/mouse games so I'm more used to a controller. I use a 360 controller for Steam games.
If its not entirely crippling in the competitive environment I might look into this. I feel like it might be, though. Using a controller to turn, for example, is probably about as effective as using they keyboard (as opposed to the mouse).

~ Kovu

I've been using a controller for a cpl years. If you've ever watched my videos turning is as fast as using your mouse to turn the camera. As matter as fact, the controller is set up to mimic the right mouse button being held down while moving the camera. And you can change the speed of rotation. I use the controller for everything except when playing reaper. Check out my latest 2 or 3 vids on youtube, I actually have my controller screen on the stream so you can see when I push the buttons and how fast the controller reacts. The only time there is lag is when the game itself is lagging.

Tangnu

Tangnu

Anti-Hero of FA

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,479 posts
  • GW2 User ID:Aldar.6271
  • Chaba Moonheart
  • Class:Guardian

IDK, Noc...  In a lot of your videos I've seen it is obvious you're using a controller because of the camera turn speed.  But people should at least use what they are comfortable with especially if they have some medical issue.

Nocturnal Lunacy

Nocturnal Lunacy
  • FA Member
  • 288 posts
  • fuck off

IDK, Noc...  In a lot of your videos I've seen it is obvious you're using a controller because of the camera turn speed.  But people should at least use what they are comfortable with especially if they have some medical issue.

Yeah I have the speed turned down a bit. But the speed can be turned up. For me I felt it was a bit fast cuz when I turned I would turn too much but that was when I was first starting to use the controller. But it's w/e im used to it now.

Kovu

Kovu
  • FA Member
  • 375 posts
  • GW2 User ID:Kovu.7560
  • Nailanya Crackshot
  • Class:Ranger

I love the idea of using a controller. I just don't think its practical for this sort of game.
If it works for you, great!

~ Kovu

Hottest ranger, PST.
PendantsBanner.jpg