♡ Guineayak Mama ♡

• FA Member
  • 891 posts
  • GW2 User ID:Pixelles.4869
  • Pixelles N Creme
  • Guild:[DIE]
  • Race:Asura
  • Class:Necromancer

Streaming no longer uses CPU, the current GPUs all have encoders built in.

Well then I guess the i5 won't be a problem then - that's awesome! Thanks Faulty!! <3

VkQovA6.jpg

RyE

RyE
  • FA Member
  • 4 posts
  • GW2 User ID:RyE.4913
  • The Elemental Fist
  • Class:Elementalist

the reason for the i7 is i want her to be able to do the editing she needs to.. she never knows when she is going to be doing any kind of media projects... they pop up every now and then.. and with hooked climbing in success she will find her self in the position of wanting to whip up some quick things to promote and such... i know she wants a mac for this in the long run but i want her to be able to have a pc that lasts for a while and can double as her crutch until we can plant that mac on her desk... so i know the i7 is not completely necessary i just want to have that peace of mind... she has owned mac before and prefers the use and aesthetics of the mac over pc as do i but we love to game! anyway the streaming albeit  high on her list is fairly low on mine considering we have horrible introwebs round these parts.... but eventually we will be where the web is more of a freeway and less a back ally with pot holes.. anyway.. thank you everyone for your advice! OH we are green team all the way.... nvidia has always been in my machines.. no particular reason other than i have owned many  and never had problems... installs always went smooth and no issues while they lived in my rigs... for me some reason i have always had issues with the red team..

• Pixelles likes this

Faulty Krew

Faulty Krew

Tech Support

• FA Member
  • 747 posts
  • GW2 User ID:guppysb.8524
  • Kon Charr Castrator
  • Guild:[PVP]

Hey Rye, is there specific software... or actually Pixelles can probably answer this, what software do you use, because most if not all adobe products use cuda cores. A lot of the video editing software use cuda core, Sony Vegas comes to mind. So you can save a little bit if the software you use has the option to use CUDA.

• Pixelles likes this
Posted ImagePosted Image

Faulty Krew

Faulty Krew

Tech Support

• FA Member
  • 747 posts
  • Kon Charr Castrator

Also I just wanted to throw this out there, if you don't need a portable mac, go with the imac or the tube then you really don't need to build a PC because if you can just install windows on it and utilize it to the fullest. This is just a thought so you don't have to spend money in 2 places. I own a imac 5k and with windows I can run games on 4k with decent FPS. I get around 45-50 fps with the right settings for WvW zergs. I will be launching BDO tomorrow and I can report on FPS on that also.

• Pixelles likes this
Posted ImagePosted Image

Pixelles

Pixelles

♡ Guineayak Mama ♡

• FA Member
  • 891 posts
  • Pixelles N Creme

Are you sure? GW2 just killed my mac last time, hence why Delune still remembers it and calls it "the toaster" LOL. Literally, it just went downhill from the day I installed GW2.

I use the entire Adobe Suite, especially for After Effects which tends to be intensive. If that answers anything =)

VkQovA6.jpg

Pixelles

Pixelles

♡ Guineayak Mama ♡

• FA Member
  • 891 posts
  • Pixelles N Creme

( I used to have an iMac)

VkQovA6.jpg

Pixelles

Pixelles

♡ Guineayak Mama ♡

• FA Member
  • 891 posts
  • Pixelles N Creme

We should get on TS and hammer this out LOL #faservermeeting

VkQovA6.jpg

Faulty Krew

Faulty Krew

Tech Support

• FA Member
  • 747 posts
  • Kon Charr Castrator

Yes We can defi do that let me know when, I am working from home till Friday, so anytime is good for me.

• Pixelles likes this
Posted ImagePosted Image

Gregor Payne

Gregor Payne

Philosopher King

• FA Member
  • 428 posts
  • GW2 User ID:ric.9436
  • Gregor Payne
  • Guild:[VAC]
  • Race:Norn
  • Class:Guardian

Streaming to yourself and not online you can run on your GPU for sure. Streaming to the internet, like twitch? Still CPU intensive at 2500-3500 kbps bitrate.

• Mercenary Higgins and Pixelles like this

tdDgg.gif

Pixelles

Pixelles

♡ Guineayak Mama ♡

• FA Member
  • 891 posts
  • Pixelles N Creme

Streaming to yourself and not online you can run on your GPU for sure. Streaming to the internet, like twitch? Still CPU intensive at 2500-3500 kbps bitrate.

Word, Higgins was saying get an i7 for online streaming, I believe...

Yes We can defi do that let me know when, I am working from home till Friday, so anytime is good for me.

Perfect. I'm gonna log in on FA TS, poke me when you're around. I have an interview this afternoon and lots of packing to do for our trip to Canada this weekend, so anytime before noon today is good for me =)

VkQovA6.jpg

Nocturnal Lunacy

Nocturnal Lunacy
  • FA Member
  • 288 posts
  • GW2 User ID:fuck off.8563
  • fuck off
  • Guild:fuck
  • Race:Human

ROFL!!!!!

We're gonna get me a Macbook eventually for media design ofc. BUT FOR GW2, NEVER AGAIN LOL.

I still hear the fans running in my wildest nightmares LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Don't waste your money on a mac. ever.

• Pixelles likes this

Nocturnal Lunacy

Nocturnal Lunacy
  • FA Member
  • 288 posts
  • fuck off

Word, Higgins was saying get an i7 for online streaming, I believe...

Perfect. I'm gonna log in on FA TS, poke me when you're around. I have an interview this afternoon and lots of packing to do for our trip to Canada this weekend, so anytime before noon today is good for me =)

You'll need something better than a quad core for streaming and playing gw2.

• Pixelles likes this

Morg

Morg

Heretic

• Guild Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,097 posts
  • Discord ID:Morg#0412
  • GW2 User ID:Shinsetsuu.2849
  • Invoker Morrighan
  • Race:Sylvari
  • Class:Revenant

You'll need something better than a quad core for streaming and playing gw2.

I run an i5 and can stream fine, internet connection aside. However I do use the amd vce fork of obs, so that's probably the only reason why.
  • Pixelles likes this
Posted Image

Nocturnal Lunacy

Nocturnal Lunacy
  • FA Member
  • 288 posts
  • fuck off

I run an i5 and can stream fine, internet connection aside. However I do use the amd vce fork of obs, so that's probably the only reason why.

I've literally only seen you stream once. And you should check your cpu usage while streaming. While it may seem like its doing fine. If you're cpu is above 80% usage while streaming then you are cutting the life spam of your cpu drastically. And if it's up that high and you aren't keeping it cool that adds even more stress. My cpu while playing gw2 and having twitch open and obs and etc, is constantly around 90% but its an older cpu and its wearing down. When I first got it I was able to stream and everything and it would be around 60% but with anet adding shit to the game and not optimizing it, well you know. But I've always told myself when this cpu dies I'm done with gw2 and gaming in general. I've been wanting to travel the country. Get an RV or van or something, sell everything and hit the road. But those are just dreams.

• Pixelles likes this

Faulty Krew

Faulty Krew

Tech Support

• FA Member
  • 747 posts
  • Kon Charr Castrator

I've literally only seen you stream once. And you should check your cpu usage while streaming. While it may seem like its doing fine. If you're cpu is above 80% usage while streaming then you are cutting the life spam of your cpu drastically. And if it's up that high and you aren't keeping it cool that adds even more stress. My cpu while playing gw2 and having twitch open and obs and etc, is constantly around 90% but its an older cpu and its wearing down. When I first got it I was able to stream and everything and it would be around 60% but with anet adding shit to the game and not optimizing it, well you know. But I've always told myself when this cpu dies I'm done with gw2 and gaming in general. I've been wanting to travel the country. Get an RV or van or something, sell everything and hit the road. But those are just dreams.

CPU usages with NVENC is like 48-55% in a 2 way fight but in a 3 way its only 59-60%. You might be using your CPU to encode, I run shadowplay (beta) now it can stream 1080p

• Pixelles likes this
Posted ImagePosted Image

Pixelles

Pixelles

♡ Guineayak Mama ♡

• FA Member
  • 891 posts
  • Pixelles N Creme

CPU usages with NVENC is like 48-55% in a 2 way fight but in a 3 way its only 59-60%. You might be using your CPU to encode, I run shadowplay (beta) now it can stream 1080p

Benefits of Shadow play?

I'm not expecting to stream every night, if I even do. So whatever could accommodate without issues for the amount of time I will actually do it is ideal for me.

VkQovA6.jpg

Faulty Krew

Faulty Krew

Tech Support

• FA Member
  • 747 posts
  • Kon Charr Castrator
Shadow play uses nvidia encoder not the CPU which built on the GPU. I just downloaded the beta and they have added 1080p to it (recently only 720p). There is no stress on your CPU. Mind you, you can also use the nvidia encoder on OBS and xsplit.
  • Pixelles likes this
Posted ImagePosted Image

Pixelles

Pixelles

♡ Guineayak Mama ♡

• FA Member
  • 891 posts
  • Pixelles N Creme

Shadow play uses nvidia encoder not the CPU which built on the GPU. I just downloaded the beta and they have added 1080p to it (recently only 720p). There is no stress on your CPU. Mind you, you can also use the nvidia encoder on OBS and xsplit.

That makes sense. I think we are ordering tonight, we have family over since Friday and we bought a car last week so things have been hectic AHHH!!! But thank you so much for your input everyone ... I will post pics when it's all done and give details on what we decided on. Seriously you are all the best <3

• Faulty Krew likes this

VkQovA6.jpg

Gregor Payne

Gregor Payne

Philosopher King

• FA Member
  • 428 posts
  • GW2 User ID:ric.9436
  • Gregor Payne
  • Guild:[VAC]
  • Race:Norn
  • Class:Guardian

Could you link me to your stream?

I'd like to use NVENC but everything I've read says the quality is garbo compared to CPU (atleast at 3500 bitrate). But those sources are quite dated (1 year+). I would love to use my GPU to stream, but I dont want to sacrifice quality for a game that already looks bad to stream to begin with. I'm fine with my current output but would love to see if i could get more frames in game.

• Pixelles likes this

tdDgg.gif

Faulty Krew

Faulty Krew

Tech Support

• FA Member
  • 747 posts
  • Kon Charr Castrator
You know I did do a stream yesterday and it was pretty pixely but I I would think it was because of my resolution. /sammyeli is the stream
Posted ImagePosted Image