- You do not need a hotmail account, although if you are a xbox gamer - it makes it 4x easier to connect with your XBL contact list!
- You do not need an email address attached to it. You can still access windows 7 control panel by right clicking on the start icon & choosing control panel. Then access user accounts and creating a local account (or converting a current bounded hotmail one to a local account).
- Windows 10 self-creates ISO's for most Windows 7 games, allowing you to play NO-CD without having to create a keygen/crack for it. (convenient/safer)
- All Alienware sleepmode problems fixed with new OS. If you have an Alienware Aurora (like me) you'll thank the Microsoft Gods for this update!
- Windows 10 will feel like Mac Snow Leopard (if you are a Mac user). Both a bit outdated in UI but definitely the best I've seen for Windows.
- Windows 10 fixed most of Windows XP/Windows 7 graphics issues for old-er games. Some games I own & tried are listed below.
Older programs (Win XP) now compatible:
Age of Empires Gold
Star Wars Galactic BattleGrounds Saga
Age of Empires III works 1366x768 res +
Guild Wars Trilogy
Does not work:
Age of Empires II Gold & Age of Mythology (Probably due to HD & Extended released on Steam....still tba on HD compatibility).
Age of Empires HD (Steam)
Halo Custom Edition - There is a current multiplayer server issue....probably due to the new server host change after the manual forced multiplayer update.
If you own Age of Empires HD please let me know! I know the OS is recently new & all but I'm trying to restore my Age of Empires collection.
Software Performance: Increased, no more hassles with explorer.exe on your task bar! The new "edge" works like FireFox & has no relevant harm to tasks.
Edit: As long as you don't look @ pron/get your comp compromised, Windows 10 will run like a Mac in the background & work on pretty much most applications.
Edited by Engineer Bear, 02 August 2015 - 10:32 PM.