Valor Zhinsin
  • Guild Officer
  • 335 posts
  • GW2 User ID:Valor Zhinsin.3610
  • Victor Zhinsin
  • Guild:[PRO]
  • Race:Norn
  • Class:Guardian

If all else fails get a bigger case.... that extra space is a game changer.  You can shop around and get a nice box that will not break the bank.

Vic Zhinsin

Faulty Krew

Faulty Krew

Tech Support

• FA Member
  • 747 posts
  • GW2 User ID:guppysb.8524
  • Kon Charr Castrator
  • Guild:[PVP]
  • Race:Asura
  • Class:Necromancer
Oh he's got a big case Vic.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Morg

Morg

Heretic

• Guild Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,097 posts
  • Discord ID:Morg#0412
  • GW2 User ID:Shinsetsuu.2849
  • Invoker Morrighan
  • Guild:[DIE]
  • Race:Sylvari
  • Class:Revenant

I'm relatively happy with my temps at this point, running a render job right now and my CPU's averaging 55C, GPU averaging 57C.

And yeah, I have one of the larger mid-size cases. It has enough room in it to fit 3x 120mm fans on the front as well as 3x 120mm fans on the top. Just that if I wanted better cooling, I'd have to pop the front/top panels off and basically sacrifice silence.

Posted Image

Valor Zhinsin

Valor Zhinsin
  • Guild Officer
  • 335 posts
  • GW2 User ID:Valor Zhinsin.3610
  • Victor Zhinsin
  • Guild:[PRO]
  • Race:Norn
  • Class:Guardian

Ohhh  OK  sounds good to me ...          "In space no one can hear your computer scream "        < Joke>                                                                                                                    

Vic Zhinsin

Haematic

Haematic

:dankbrien:

• Guild Leader
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,678 posts
  • GW2 User ID:Haematic.4913
  • Haematic
  • Race:Human
  • Class:Warrior

Don't ever keep the side of your case open to "help" keep it cool.

If anything it makes it worse because now you're not controlling the air flow, plus you're allowing more dust to enter your case; just make sure to air-dust it once in a while to keep it free of artery clogging dust.

Haematic - International Terrorist, Inclina Deus - Ranger

The following future subject(s) of Borlis Pass, Delune, Haematic, and Ms. Spring Sunshine, henceforth decreed to be INTERNATIONAL TERRORISTS and OUTLAWS by command of the all-seeing and glorious Borlis Authorities, have been judged guilty in absentia of committing the crime of Injustica, and are hereby condemned by law to suffer 10,000 years of unrelenting capital punishment, to be carried out by licensed agents of this Law on sight.

i7-3770k OC @ 4.5ghz (1.29v), GTX 980 FTW ACX2.0, (4x)4gb HyperX RAM, EVO850 SSD x2 x500gb, ASRock Z77 Extreme 4, -- 70c @ load (CPU), Air cooling with NH-D14, 35c ambient.

Legends Never [DIE]

Twitch - Haematic: FA Streamer
YouTube - Haematic: WvW / Roaming / PvP Videos

RIP Beaches Get [WET], Vincere Est Totum [VeT][TiN]

[–]QuickRain 1 point

1 month ago

Respected Commanders: Hae from DIE

Morg

Morg

Heretic

• Guild Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,097 posts
  • Invoker Morrighan

Yeah, I don't unless I'm screwing around inside. I cleaned out my stuff yesterday. Paint particles and whatnot mostly collecting in the bottom corners, probably shaken loose after I moved my computer up onto my desk. Compressed air for the heatsinks yay or nay?

Posted Image

Haematic

Haematic

:dankbrien:

• Guild Leader
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,678 posts
  • GW2 User ID:Haematic.4913
  • Haematic
  • Race:Human
  • Class:Warrior

Compressed air is fine, your heat-sink is covered by the face of the heat-sink itself and is kind-of-sealed by the paste you applied; so the chances of dust floating in-between the face of your heat-sink, and the face of your CPU is practically 0%.

I use it all the time.

Haematic - International Terrorist, Inclina Deus - Ranger

The following future subject(s) of Borlis Pass, Delune, Haematic, and Ms. Spring Sunshine, henceforth decreed to be INTERNATIONAL TERRORISTS and OUTLAWS by command of the all-seeing and glorious Borlis Authorities, have been judged guilty in absentia of committing the crime of Injustica, and are hereby condemned by law to suffer 10,000 years of unrelenting capital punishment, to be carried out by licensed agents of this Law on sight.

i7-3770k OC @ 4.5ghz (1.29v), GTX 980 FTW ACX2.0, (4x)4gb HyperX RAM, EVO850 SSD x2 x500gb, ASRock Z77 Extreme 4, -- 70c @ load (CPU), Air cooling with NH-D14, 35c ambient.

Legends Never [DIE]

Twitch - Haematic: FA Streamer
YouTube - Haematic: WvW / Roaming / PvP Videos

RIP Beaches Get [WET], Vincere Est Totum [VeT][TiN]

[–]QuickRain 1 point

1 month ago

Respected Commanders: Hae from DIE

Kagusaki

Kagusaki
  • Guild Leader
  • 506 posts
  • GW2 User ID:Kagusaki.3176
  • Kagusaki Firefister
  • Guild:[TLC]
  • Race:Charr

All you need is a few of these delta fans http://www.amazon.co...9B26V2T56J8GT79

I got a Delta fan, a Vantec Tornado, and a Thermaltake A1357 on my rig.  I keep the Vantec off unless I'm doing some hard core gaming.  Since I wear noise cancellation headsets, the noise doesn't bother me at all but if you want to know what it sounds like, put a big hair dryer next to your PC and have it on at full blast.  It sounds like a jet about to take off XD

Posted Image

Foreman Spur - Level 80 Charrior
Kagusaki - Level 80 Charrgineer
Kagusaki Firefister - Level 80 Charrcromancer

The Legion of Charrs [TLC] - Guild Leader
[NV] [NERF] [NERV] [BOMB] - Fort Janthir

FA - The Unofficial Furry Server
You can't spell Fur Affinity without FA!! <3

Morg

Morg

Heretic

• Guild Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,097 posts
  • Invoker Morrighan

Fun fact the fan I installed at the top of my case does both push and pull while running. The edges push air in, but the inner fan area pulls air out. Sense made = 0

Posted Image

Kagusaki

Kagusaki
  • Guild Leader
  • 506 posts
  • GW2 User ID:Kagusaki.3176
  • Kagusaki Firefister
  • Guild:[TLC]
  • Race:Charr

Fun fact the fan I installed at the top of my case does both push and pull while running. The edges push air in, but the inner fan area pulls air out. Sense made = 0

So basically it's just circulating the air x3

Posted Image

Foreman Spur - Level 80 Charrior
Kagusaki - Level 80 Charrgineer
Kagusaki Firefister - Level 80 Charrcromancer

The Legion of Charrs [TLC] - Guild Leader
[NV] [NERF] [NERV] [BOMB] - Fort Janthir

FA - The Unofficial Furry Server
You can't spell Fur Affinity without FA!! <3

Morg

Morg

Heretic

• Guild Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,097 posts
  • Invoker Morrighan

I mean it works, just not in the intended fashion. The air going back in is cool, whereas the air going out is warm. From my basic understanding of physics, it's wrong lol

Posted Image