• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,097 posts
  • Discord ID:Morg#0412
  • GW2 User ID:Shinsetsuu.2849
  • Invoker Morrighan
  • Guild:[DIE]
  • Race:Sylvari
  • Class:Revenant

http://www.eurogamer...s-a-gamechanger is an interesting read. AMD's idea of "just add more cores!" may actually hold up in DX12.

Posted Image

Faulty Krew

Faulty Krew

Tech Support

• FA Member
  • 747 posts
  • GW2 User ID:guppysb.8524
  • Kon Charr Castrator
  • Guild:[PVP]
  • Race:Asura
  • Class:Necromancer

the thing with that is that DX12 will relieve so much stress off the CPU cores that it really does not matter if you have more cores, rather, it would favor intel more because they have the best single core performance. 

I mean I might be wrong but realistically when you look at cores being utilized by DX12, they barely use them, so to spread out the tasks between multi core is great. However, having more than 4 or 6 until games start pushing them to the limit is still really juvenile. 

Posted ImagePosted Image

Jellyroll

Jellyroll

gf left me coz of lederborsd

• FA Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts
  • GW2 User ID:Basedgod.7328
  • Bünzy
  • Guild:[coVn]
  • Race:Human
  • Class:Elementalist

DX12 is sounding good. It completely gets rid of the advantage consoles have had with a more streamlined approach to draw cells.

Pretty confident implementation will be widespread with the free Windows 10 offer that should have a large adoption rate compared to Windows 7. Also there are pretty significant performance improvements that would hopefully encourage developers to implement DX12 to broaden the hardware accessibility of their games.

Bünzy - Formerly known as Hijk Elemental P

RIP Thief Character 2012 - 2015; is now a bad Mesmer

Leyline Bling [OVO]

I Am Cancer Build [FYI]

Radik Fan Club [BDAY]

Bitches [coVn]