This thread's intention is to help fellow Fort Aspenwood members who wish to overclock their Intel CPU's.
There's a lot of good information on the internet, regarding overclocking CPU's, but there's just as much bad information out there as well, so please take extreme care when you're looking to overclock any of your computer hardware.
Here are my recommended websites to reference, when overclocking your CPU:
- When you're browsing this website for help, make sure you're looking @ threads that are [SOLVED], for there will be an answer to the OP's question; leaving a lot of the guessing out of the equation.
- When you're viewing user's "SOLVED" posts', make sure to see if the user who solved the issue has a website tag indicating that their account is vouched for: CPU, Memory, and Motherboard support.
- This forum has a lot of good information on what NOT TO DO. Many users post their failures, and their corrective actions in fixing those errors. This information is extremely helpful, because it will keep you from frying your PC.
- Like Tom's Hardware, users typically have "vouches" indicating what areas they're proficient in, when overclocking.
- I had little luck with this website, but it does have some useful information. I would use this site for reference only, and wouldn't trust it as much as Tom's or Overclock.net
Here's my own Guide for overclocking your CPU:
[CPU Checklist] [X]
[Motherboard Check List] [X]
[RAM Check List] [X]
[Pre-BIOS Settings & Windows Check List] [X]
[Software Requirements & Downloads] [X]
[BIOS Checklist] [X]
[Trouble Shooting a Failed OVERCLOCK] [X]
04/09/2015 - Complete
----- Videos -----
Edited by Haematic, 29 April 2015 - 09:25 AM.