• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,479 posts
  • GW2 User ID:Aldar.6271
  • Chaba Moonheart
  • Guild:[TLC]
  • Race:Charr
  • Class:Guardian

Can you explain how WTFast is different from Battleping?  I'm looking at trying to improve connection to EU servers.  I'm getting dropped packets.  :(

Faulty Krew

Faulty Krew

Tech Support

• FA Member
  • 747 posts
  • GW2 User ID:guppysb.8524
  • Kon Charr Castrator
  • Guild:[PVP]
  • Race:Asura
  • Class:Necromancer

There is no difference, you can use either one, they both allow you to do the same thing. WTFast is just a "TAD" bit user friendly and the nifty UI. They both support the same games and probably go through the same servers. 

I would recommend to use both, because you can try them for free regardless. If you happen to like WTFast use my link if you want to purchase it.  

Posted ImagePosted Image

TyrionDelosBravos

TyrionDelosBravos

El Pollo Loco

• Guild Leader
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts
  • GW2 User ID:Tyrion.5764
  • TyryonDelosBravos
  • Guild:[BOMB]

This not break the rule of third program by Anet ? ....

5137767082.png

Faulty Krew

Faulty Krew

Tech Support

• FA Member
  • 747 posts
  • Kon Charr Castrator

no it doesn't.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Claudus Lifebringer

Claudus Lifebringer
  • FA Member
  • 206 posts
  • GW2 User ID:blackbird.2491
  • Claudus Lifebringer
  • Guild:[WB]
  • Race:Human
  • Class:Warrior

I dont think so :)

Crash Train - Guardian
Claudus Lifebringer - Warrior
Claudus Firebringer - Elementalist

Posted Image

Delune

Delune

Savior of FA

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,198 posts
  • Discord ID:Delune#6354
  • GW2 User ID:Delune.4817
  • Delune
  • Guild:[TK]
Alot of people have been accidently banned lately for using WTFast. Check official website and dev posts.... can't link from work.
  • TyrionDelosBravos and Zapp like this

Commander.png Commander The One Delune
"FA stomping Bandwagons since 2012..."
"FA is Love, FA is Life"
"Do whatever makes you happy in life"
"Militia will always be militia. Those who wish to get good will take the necessary steps like getting in TS or joining a WvW guild."

"One Love FA <3" -[APS] Silo Menel

"Oh no we didn't offer you money to transfer. What are you, DPS?" -Chaba to [WS]

"fucking delune just out there chasing vaginas when he should be commanding.  =/ What a hetro." -Faulty Krew
TK: "Delune inc from gar!" Me: "I'm arrow carting...." *We all die*
#ModInjustica
Former Server leader 2012-2015
https://www.youtube....user/Delune1956  

Faulty Krew

Faulty Krew

Tech Support

• FA Member
  • 747 posts
  • Kon Charr Castrator

I can understand accidentally, you can just provide the email auth notices that you get. This service has never really been something that is ban-able, because it does not alter your game client.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Edivaine

Edivaine
  • Members
  • 44 posts
  • GW2 User ID:JuneBug.5972
  • Edivaine
  • Guild:[Dx]
  • Race:Norn
I only found this post LMAO

https://forum-en.gui...attleping/first

Have a good read ;)

Bdw, you can access Resource Monitor through Task Manager as well :)
Posted Image

ronococono

ronococono
  • Members
  • 26 posts
  • Class:Engineer

A gimmick, if anything will increase your latency and get you in trouble. What ANET will see is many players connecting from the same IP addresses, doing the things they do to get banned. Eventually they will ban the IPs the abuse comes from as a carpet bomb solution. I keep a list of lots of free VPN exit points, tor exits, and other proxies blocked. It's a list that is never finished and only used for abusive purposes. The only possible issue a service like this can solve is bad routing, a common problem in countries with poor infrastructure.

• Tangnu, Delune and TyrionDelosBravos like this

Haematic

Haematic

:dankbrien:

• Guild Leader
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,678 posts
  • GW2 User ID:Haematic.4913
  • Haematic
  • Guild:[DIE]

I only found this post LMAO

https://forum-en.gui...attleping/first

Have a good read ;)

Bdw, you can access Resource Monitor through Task Manager as well :)

that post is hilarious

Haematic - International Terrorist, Inclina Deus - Ranger

The following future subject(s) of Borlis Pass, Delune, Haematic, and Ms. Spring Sunshine, henceforth decreed to be INTERNATIONAL TERRORISTS and OUTLAWS by command of the all-seeing and glorious Borlis Authorities, have been judged guilty in absentia of committing the crime of Injustica, and are hereby condemned by law to suffer 10,000 years of unrelenting capital punishment, to be carried out by licensed agents of this Law on sight.

i7-3770k OC @ 4.5ghz (1.29v), GTX 980 FTW ACX2.0, (4x)4gb HyperX RAM, EVO850 SSD x2 x500gb, ASRock Z77 Extreme 4, -- 70c @ load (CPU), Air cooling with NH-D14, 35c ambient.

Legends Never [DIE]

Twitch - Haematic: FA Streamer
YouTube - Haematic: WvW / Roaming / PvP Videos

RIP Beaches Get [WET], Vincere Est Totum [VeT][TiN]

[–]QuickRain 1 point

1 month ago

Respected Commanders: Hae from DIE

Nox

Nox

VIP

• FA Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • GW2 User ID:etrigan.4213
  • Nox
  • Guild:[VIP]

Its just a vpn, so it really shouldn't break any rules.

Cheloss

Cheloss
  • Members
  • 474 posts
  • GW2 User ID:Cheloss.1453
  • Cheloss
  • Guild:[CL]

without this program I could not play. I am without 200- 300 ping and ping wtf between 100-160

Tangnu

Tangnu

Anti-Hero of FA

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,479 posts
  • Chaba Moonheart

I tried Battleping for my connection to EU yesterday.  I didn't need to do any email authentication, like it must only re-route some of the game traffic, but not the login part?  That's why I asked about differences to WTFast.

I need to do way more tests than I'm doing now to narrow down the problem, like I get some packet loss to Kodash but I should also test when connected to FA to make sure it isn't my local ISP.  And do more traceroutes.

Faulty Krew

Faulty Krew

Tech Support

• FA Member
  • 747 posts
  • Kon Charr Castrator

Sorry, ok to answer your question, WTFast proxy starts from launcher and does all three servers when you connect. However the focus is on map server. It is probably the same with battle ping except that it might not check for launcher and char select.

TutQ599.png

• Tangnu likes this
Posted ImagePosted Image

Nox

Nox

VIP

• FA Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • GW2 User ID:etrigan.4213
  • Nox
  • Guild:[VIP]

I tried Battleping for my connection to EU yesterday.  I didn't need to do any email authentication, like it must only re-route some of the game traffic, but not the login part?  That's why I asked about differences to WTFast.

I need to do way more tests than I'm doing now to narrow down the problem, like I get some packet loss to Kodash but I should also test when connected to FA to make sure it isn't my local ISP.  And do more traceroutes.

You could try http://pingzapper.com/ as well.

Battleping, wtfast, pingzapper...all of them just vpn's. 

Redd Undead

Redd Undead
  • Members
  • 22 posts
  • GW2 User ID:Redd Undead.5432
  • Redd Undead
  • Guild:[coVn]
  • Race:Sylvari

Use these services at your own risk...

Here's a reddit post which links to this post on the official forums in which a dev said:

WTFast runs through shared service VPNs like most tunneling services. Unfortunately when they change servers or providers, our systems detect a large quantities of accounts suddenly being accessed by a different network. Standard preventative measures dictate that we close access to these accounts to try to insure that the account’s holdings remain secure.

As we currently don’t have an “account identity lock” system, we rely on preventative banning in this case. We are working on a better solution for this, but this type of issue doesn’t happen very often, and when it does it can quickly and easily be fixed.

In this case it looks like this hit WTFast VPNs running out of Frankfurt, Germany which was brought to our attention because of high GoldSeller activity on it along with a flux of accounts hitting the same and new network at the same time.

Sorry for the inconvenience, I am still looking into this issue.

ReddSignature_Small.png

ronococono

ronococono
  • Members
  • 26 posts
  • Class:Engineer

Sorry, ok to answer your question, WTFast proxy starts from launcher and does all three servers when you connect. However the focus is on map server. It is probably the same with battle ping except that it might not check for launcher and char select.

TutQ599.png

That is your latency to THEIR endpoint, not the ANET servers. How is it measuring "Internet" performance as imperfect and its own as perfect when everything it does passes through the internet? I did a little digging on this companies infrastructure, all it is are cheap shitty little VPSes that could possibly be recording your traffic, giving a placebo effect as you see your ping to their VPS (that is closer to you than the ANET servers) be lower than the game servers :o :o :o.

• Anvil Pants likes this

Tangnu

Tangnu

Anti-Hero of FA

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,479 posts
  • Chaba Moonheart

Use these ervices at your own risk...

Here's a reddit post which links to this post on the official forums in which a dev said:

LOL, everyone trying to get better routing to Anet's Frankfurt datacenter.

#teliaSucks

Tangnu

Tangnu

Anti-Hero of FA

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,479 posts
  • Chaba Moonheart

That is your latency to THEIR endpoint, not the ANET servers. How is it measuring "Internet" performance as imperfect and its own as perfect when everything it does passes through the internet? I did a little digging on this companies infrastructure, all it is are cheap shitty little VPSes that could possibly be recording your traffic, giving a placebo effect as you see your ping to their VPS (that is closer to you than the ANET servers) be lower than the game servers :o :o :o.

Yea I never really heard of these VPNs before.  When ppl been saying VPN I think of a company like VyperVPN, but mostly cuz I used to work with a lady who works there now.