Tech Support

• FA Member
  • 747 posts
  • GW2 User ID:guppysb.8524
  • Kon Charr Castrator
  • Guild:[PVP]
  • Race:Asura
  • Class:Necromancer
What are you using to stream and what bitrates?
Posted ImagePosted Image

Haematic

Haematic

:dankbrien:

• Guild Leader
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,678 posts
  • GW2 User ID:Haematic.4913
  • Haematic
  • Guild:[DIE]
  • Race:Human
  • Class:Warrior

XSplit

2,100br

X.264 encoding (Intel)

H.264 is my Avermedia Live Gamer HD encoder

Haematic - International Terrorist, Inclina Deus - Ranger

The following future subject(s) of Borlis Pass, Delune, Haematic, and Ms. Spring Sunshine, henceforth decreed to be INTERNATIONAL TERRORISTS and OUTLAWS by command of the all-seeing and glorious Borlis Authorities, have been judged guilty in absentia of committing the crime of Injustica, and are hereby condemned by law to suffer 10,000 years of unrelenting capital punishment, to be carried out by licensed agents of this Law on sight.

i7-3770k OC @ 4.5ghz (1.29v), GTX 980 FTW ACX2.0, (4x)4gb HyperX RAM, EVO850 SSD x2 x500gb, ASRock Z77 Extreme 4, -- 70c @ load (CPU), Air cooling with NH-D14, 35c ambient.

Legends Never [DIE]

Twitch - Haematic: FA Streamer
YouTube - Haematic: WvW / Roaming / PvP Videos

RIP Beaches Get [WET], Vincere Est Totum [VeT][TiN]

[–]QuickRain 1 point

1 month ago

Respected Commanders: Hae from DIE

Faulty Krew

Faulty Krew

Tech Support

• FA Member
  • 747 posts
  • Kon Charr Castrator
So how come you are using avermedia, I mean why are there 2 encoders between you and the stream. I am new to the streaming systems and how they work.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Haematic

Haematic

• Guild Leader
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,678 posts
  • Haematic

So how come you are using avermedia, I mean why are there 2 encoders between you and the stream. I am new to the streaming systems and how they work.

There aren't.

I choose which encoder I want to stream with.

If I stream, I encode through either my Avermedia H264, or thru my processor X264.

For what ever reason, my H264, doesn't stream correctly; as it shows a very jittery stream from the encoder.. Something is causing it to slow down, and I don't know why, but when I use it; my CPU isn't affected at all. I'm not an expert, but I think this may be a design flaw because I'm thinking for it to work correctly I need another GPU, or computer that streams as a standalone unit.

The following future subject(s) of Borlis Pass, Delune, Haematic, and Ms. Spring Sunshine, henceforth decreed to be INTERNATIONAL TERRORISTS and OUTLAWS by command of the all-seeing and glorious Borlis Authorities, have been judged guilty in absentia of committing the crime of Injustica, and are hereby condemned by law to suffer 10,000 years of unrelenting capital punishment, to be carried out by licensed agents of this Law on sight.

i7-3770k OC @ 4.5ghz (1.29v), GTX 980 FTW ACX2.0, (4x)4gb HyperX RAM, EVO850 SSD x2 x500gb, ASRock Z77 Extreme 4, -- 70c @ load (CPU), Air cooling with NH-D14, 35c ambient.

Legends Never [DIE]

[–]QuickRain 1 point

1 month ago

Faulty Krew

Faulty Krew

Tech Support

• FA Member
  • 747 posts
  • Kon Charr Castrator

There aren't.

I choose which encoder I want to stream with.

If I stream, I encode through either my Avermedia H264, or thru my processor X264.

For what ever reason, my H264, doesn't stream correctly; as it shows a very jittery stream from the encoder.. Something is causing it to slow down, and I don't know why, but when I use it; my CPU isn't affected at all. I'm not an expert, but I think this may be a design flaw because I'm thinking for it to work correctly I need another GPU, or computer that streams as a standalone unit.

Have you tried to use NVENC in xsplit?
Posted ImagePosted Image

Haematic

Haematic

• Guild Leader
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,678 posts
  • Haematic

Have you tried to use NVENC in xsplit?

Not yet, I wasn't aware of it most likely because I haven't updated my GPU as of late.

I think that was in the last patch, maybe?

I don't know anything about it, actually. lol

I'm worried that would over-work my GPU.

Legends Never [DIE]

[–]QuickRain 1 point

1 month ago

Anvil Pants

Anvil Pants
  • Not on FA
  • 158 posts
  • GW2 User ID:Anvil Pants.3426
  • Senpai Anvil Pansu
  • Class:Elementalist

Nox is right about the cooler question, and GW2 resource consumption.

Haem is right that overclock, liquid cool, and i7 rather than i5, are streamer's choices for GW2. None of that is budget build, though, and then it gets more specific when deciding what "family" of CPU to choose from the i7 line.

That line of RAM is solid. It's what I've been using since 2011. The attached heat-spreaders are garbage, though. RAM heat-spreaders usually are. That's not a Corsair deficiency. The spreaders are attached by adhesive pads that will detach under normal use (heat), so they aren't spreading heat. They're sitting on top of the ram, obstructing airflow. I took them off of mine a year into use, as they were detaching anyway.

That said, that line of RAM is more than doubled in price from it's post-debut sales run that I caught in 2011. If I remember correctly, I caught them at $25 per bundle of two, at Micro Center, discounted from $45 per two at the time.

Cunticulum Vagae

10/2015 to Present - FA - Legendary PvF Keep Lord and BOMB-funded mercenary.

7/2015 to 10/2015 - Mag - Bae is gae pass it on.

12/2014 to 7/2015 - FA - Shoutbox hero, and Bunzy's reason to wake up every day.

11/2014 - YB - Volunteer companion and errand runner at the Veteran's Affairs retirement community. Savior of the PvF Forum.

10/2014 to 11/2014 - JQ - LOL TIER 1 GVG GUISE

07/2014 to 09/2014 - SoS - Freelance saltminer of internal forum drama.

07/2013 to 06/2014 - DB - Destroyer of Anvil Rock, and Official Asshole of Dragonbrand.

10/2012 to 06/2013 - AR - Democratically Elected Grand and Progressive Arch Battlepope of The Anvil Rock Defender's Alliance. Abuser of character model culling, veil, portal, confusion, and Lyssa rune, as frontline Mesmer zergdog trash map-queueing pugmander.

10/2012 to End of Time - #1 pug NA

Morg

Morg

Heretic

• Guild Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,097 posts
  • Discord ID:Morg#0412
  • GW2 User ID:Shinsetsuu.2849
  • Invoker Morrighan
  • Race:Sylvari
  • Class:Revenant

Nox is right about the cooler question, and GW2 resource consumption.

Haem is right that overclock, liquid cool, and i7 rather than i5, are streamer's choices for GW2. None of that is budget build, though, and then it gets more specific when deciding what "family" of CPU to choose from the i7 line.

That line of RAM is solid. It's what I've been using since 2011. The attached heat-spreaders are garbage, though. RAM heat-spreaders usually are. That's not a Corsair deficiency. The spreaders are attached by adhesive pads that will detach under normal use (heat), so they aren't spreading heat. They're sitting on top of the ram, obstructing airflow. I took them off of mine a year into use, as they were detaching anyway.

That said, that line of RAM is more than doubled in price from it's post-debut sales run that I caught in 2011. If I remember correctly, I caught them at $25 per bundle of two, at Micro Center, discounted from $45 per two at the time.

Yeah I figured the heat spreaders were garbage, I've been reading that on almost every "gaming" RAM product out there. I'm surprised RAM is still expensive... I remember a fabrication plant exploding a while back but didn't think the jacked-up prices would last this long.

Posted Image

Anvil Pants

Anvil Pants
  • Not on FA
  • 158 posts
  • Senpai Anvil Pansu

Yeah I figured the heat spreaders were garbage, I've been reading that on almost every "gaming" RAM product out there.

Only useful kind are those which mechanically clamp to the DIMM (the RAM stick), and the only time those are truly useful is when overclocking, where one might also find that they can (and should) increase voltage to the RAM.

Cunticulum Vagae

12/2014 to 7/2015 - FA - Shoutbox hero, and Bunzy's reason to wake up every day.

11/2014 - YB - Volunteer companion and errand runner at the Veteran's Affairs retirement community. Savior of the PvF Forum.

07/2013 to 06/2014 - DB - Destroyer of Anvil Rock, and Official Asshole of Dragonbrand.

10/2012 to 06/2013 - AR - Democratically Elected Grand and Progressive Arch Battlepope of The Anvil Rock Defender's Alliance. Abuser of character model culling, veil, portal, confusion, and Lyssa rune, as frontline Mesmer zergdog trash map-queueing pugmander.

Morg

Morg

Heretic

• Guild Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,097 posts
  • Invoker Morrighan

Aight. So probably my final question:

If I decide to OC in the future (probably will), which would you recommend for cooling

Noctua NH U12s or Corsair H55? I'm still not completely sold on the whole liquid cooling thing because... well, liquids and electronics don't fully add up in my brain yet, seems like there's a good amount of fuck-uppery that could occur if something were to break.

Edit: or http://pcpartpicker....ler-rr910htx3g1 which is a hell of a lot cheaper

Posted Image

Faulty Krew

Faulty Krew

Tech Support

• FA Member
  • 747 posts
  • Kon Charr Castrator

So in relation to water cooling - http://www.lenntech....onductivity.htm

You can go with any 1 Fan + Radiator  and then just add another 120mm on it, it will allow for push and pull.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Haematic

Haematic

• Guild Leader
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,678 posts
  • Haematic

If I decide to OC in the future (probably will), which would you recommend for cooling

Noctua NH U12s or Corsair H55? I'm still not completely sold on the whole liquid cooling thing because... well, liquids and electronics don't fully add up in my brain yet, seems like there's a good amount of fuck-uppery that could occur if something were to break.

Edit: or http://pcpartpicker....ler-rr910htx3g1 which is a hell of a lot cheaper

The coolant you use won't / shouldn't ever short out your board.

Legends Never [DIE]

[–]QuickRain 1 point

1 month ago

Morg

Morg

Heretic

• Guild Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,097 posts
  • Invoker Morrighan

The coolant you use won't / shouldn't ever short out your board.

Yep, completely forgot that they use pure water. My memory of chem is pretty bad apparently!

Posted Image

Haematic

Haematic

• Guild Leader
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,678 posts
  • Haematic

I would advise using the heat sync you have picked out, if you're happy with that one - I would research some more about others out there, NewEgg reviews are extremely helpful, just don't purchase from them.

It's entry level, cheap, effective, and down the road when your CPU is outdated, and you need to OC; investing in water cooling syncs are going to most likely be cheaper & more technologically developed.

Copper Heat Syncs are the absolute best ( I work with Welding ) and, Copper I use that's water cooled in my machinery doesn't ever exceed 105f, when it's welding metal @ 1,200f

So I advise using copper if you want to have the best in your setup.

Edit: I just saw the Corsair has a copper plate, that thing is golden.

• Morg likes this

Legends Never [DIE]

[–]QuickRain 1 point

1 month ago

Chef of Hell

Chef of Hell
  • FA Member
  • 34 posts
  • GW2 User ID:NewSkyChef.6214
  • Chef of Hell
  • Guild:[PAAA]
  • Race:Norn

I did some researches on water cooling & normal fan cooling a couple months ago when I helped putting together a system for a friend.

Rule of thumbs: Consider everything equals, simplicity trumps complexity.

Water cooling system does provide easy installation w/ added extra components (complexity) but well designed simple heatsink/fan cooler (simplicity) like the Notua is right at par. Some of the 2 fans set water cooling systems are over-sized and won't fit into certain cases. These over-sized thingies are not much better than the Noctua designs. I've read thermal dissipation of both designs and I don't recall where, but I am certainly not impressed w/ the water cooling system. The thing that bothers me the most about water cooling system is the pump, gasket & seals. Pump isn't easy replaceable and it gives no warning sign when it dies. Gasket & seal likewise. But fan mechanically gave warning before it dies through the sound of its music. You can get a new fan everywhere and your system's are ready to go the next day. W/ today accountants are in charge of running companies, it's better safe than sorry. :D

PS: I did choose the Noctua NH-12 for that setup. Just make sure to measure your case side panel's clearance so the top of the heat sink doesn't hit the side panel's fan if you have one there.

• Morg and Faulty Krew like this

The only players & NPCs I've ever killed in a game are those having poor reflex and arthritis.

Faulty Krew

Faulty Krew

Tech Support

• FA Member
  • 747 posts
  • Kon Charr Castrator

I did some researches on water cooling & normal fan cooling a couple months ago when I helped putting together a system for a friend.

Water cooling system does provide easy installation w/ added extra components (complexity) but well designed simple heatsink/fan cooler (simplicity) like the Notua is right at par. Some of the 2 fans set water cooling systems are over-sized and won't fit into certain cases. These over-sized thingies are not much better than the Noctua designs. I've read thermal dissipation of both designs and I don't recall where, but I am certainly not impressed w/ the water cooling system. The thing that bothers me the most about water cooling system is the pump, gasket & seals. Pump isn't easy replaceable and it gives no warning sign when it dies. Gasket & seal likewise. But fan mechanically gave warning before it dies through the sound of its music. You can get a new fan everywhere and your system's are ready to go the next day. W/ today accountants are in charge of running companies, it's better safe than sorry. :D

PS: I did choose the Noctua NH-12 for that setup. Just make sure to measure your case side panel's clearance so the top of the heat sink doesn't hit the side panel's fan if you have one there.

Yea the Noctua is HUGEEEEEEEE, I think it wont fit most MID cases.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Morg

Morg

Heretic

• Guild Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,097 posts
  • Invoker Morrighan

Yeah, I'm tentatively going with CM Hyper TX3 as well as making the purchase on the Sapphire R9 290. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/YB8gNG

Sadly the 212 EVO cooler is too big, which is a shame because I hear fantastic things about it. I share the same apprehension of mechanical failure of water cooling loops, Chef, so I took it out

Seriously, that R9 290... the savings! Fuck, I'm falling prey to the sales goblins halp

Edit: yea I'm gonna have to knock out some drive bays but w/e I'm not gonna be using 6 HDDs anyways

Posted Image

Haematic

Haematic

• Guild Leader
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,678 posts
  • Haematic

Yeah, that's what I was getting @ with waiting initially for more technologically developed water cooling systems.

But, you SHOULD see better performance with the water cooling, so long as the pump is effectively moving the water through the radiator, and the fan is exhausting the warm air outside of your case.

Legends Never [DIE]

[–]QuickRain 1 point

1 month ago

Haematic

Haematic

• Guild Leader
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,678 posts
  • Haematic

Yeah, I'm tentatively going with CM Hyper TX3 as well as making the purchase on the Sapphire R9 290. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/YB8gNG

Sadly the 212 EVO cooler is too big, which is a shame because I hear fantastic things about it. I share the same apprehension of mechanical failure of water cooling loops, Chef, so I took it out

Seriously, that R9 290... the savings! Fuck, I'm falling prey to the sales goblins halp

Edit: yea I'm gonna have to knock out some drive bays but w/e I'm not gonna be using 6 HDDs anyways

I use that same one, because my water cooling unit never really worked in my case, I had nowhere to mount it. lol

It keeps my CPU about 10c-15c cooler than stock, so it's a good heat sync.

The only problem is when you install it, it might be loose, and not tightly secured to your CPU face - but when it heats up, the sync expands and distributes the heat correctly.

++++++++ Forgot to add, get a 2nd fan, so you have (2) fans mounted to the heat sync. If you need the style of fan LMK, I think I have the model I used, but it's pretty standard. They are cheap, and it keeps the heat sync much cooler.

• Morg likes this

Legends Never [DIE]

[–]QuickRain 1 point

1 month ago

Anvil Pants

Anvil Pants
  • Not on FA
  • 158 posts
  • Senpai Anvil Pansu

I lawled.

Cunticulum Vagae